Come home to Mama Birds.
Our people and our community are why Mama Bird’s exists today. We know that as they grow, be it employees or customers, they will move on to new cities, new adventures, and new memories. But in the time they spend with us, we try to make a lasting impression.
See our job openings below as well as the benefits of being a part of the Mama Bird’s family.
Perks of Mama Bird’s
Mama Bird’s Ice Cream is looking for Part-Time counter server at our popular ice cream shop. Mama Bird’s is a high paced destination spot in downtown Holly Springs that focuses on offering great ice cream, baked goods, and customer service. Must be courteous, family friendly, and a self-motivator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Offer friendly, genuine customer service
- Greet every customer and offer samples and menu suggestions
- Create a fun and memorable experience for yourself and our guests
- Answer questions about menu items and ingredients
- Scoop ice cream, mix shakes, and make sundaes
- Take orders, handle money, manage the register
- Keep the store looking clean and tidy
- Maintain a presentable and professional appearance
- Keep ice creams, pints, and other items stocked throughout your shift, communicating your needs to kitchen staff when necessary.
- Must like ice cream! You must be willing to taste product, learn about ingredients, and be able to give suggestions
- 16+ years of age
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, nights & weekends
- Must be available 1 night day a week, weekends and holiday
- We have mainly evening and mid-day shifts available in a fun and busy environment. Majority of shifts consist of 1-2 person during slow season and 2-3 people during our busy season.
- Starting wage is $7.25 hr. plus tips
- Flexible schedule
- 15-20 hrs a week
- FREE ice cream!
Mama Bird’s Assistant Ice Cream Production Manager works at our Holly Springs facility to create Mama Bird’s ice creams, sorbets and desserts while upholding the company’s high manufacturing standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce ice cream according to the daily production schedule
- Follow the recipe and production protocol explicitly: carefully weigh and measure all ingredients as specified.
- Maintain a clean and organized space during production
- Follow appropriate manufacturing practices while handling products and equipment
- Complete and file daily production logs
- Always be on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency
- Follow all health code regulations and complete daily cleaning checklist
- Multi-tasking (at least three or four different projects at once!)
- Be able to work collaboratively with the Production Manager.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience working in and creating a collaborative team atmosphere
- Must be available to work at least 40 hours/week, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed seasonally.
- Must pass a background screening if offered a position
- Production control planning, 1 year
- Kitchen work, 1 year
- Food service, 1 year
- Production, 1 year
- Production management, 1 year
- Able to lift, carry, and transport products and supplies.
- Frequently moves product, equipment, and inventory weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- This role is full time with a pay range of $14-$16 an hour with the potential for an end of year bonus.
- 15 days accrued PTO per year
- 1.25 days earned per month after a 3 month probation.
Interested in becoming a part of the Mama Bird’s family?