Come home to Mama Birds.
Our people and our community are why Mama Bird’s exists today. We know that as they grow, be it employees or customers, they will move on to new cities, new adventures, and new memories. But in the time they spend with us, we try to make a lasting impression.
See our job openings below as well as the benefits of being a part of the Mama Bird’s family.
Perks of Mama Bird’s
Mama Bird’s Ice Cream is hiring for our Head Baker, full time position. We are a busy, family run ice cream shop located in Holly Springs, NC and we’re looking for an experienced baker to join our team. This person will be responsible for daily production of ice cream inclusions, cookies, brownies and cake decorating. Our shop is expanding in popularity and sales. Come and grow with us!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, prepare and produce all baked goods following recipes based on business volume. Ensure that recipes are followed, quality standards are high, and products are consistent.
- Effectively manage labor and food cost in the production area.
- Purchase, receive and store ingredients, maintaining adequate inventory levels to accommodate guest needs while minimizing waste.
- Maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all production areas and equipment.
- Ensure proper food handling and safety procedures are being followed; address and resolve safety concerns.
- Develop strong working relationship with team in support of the business.
- Be willing and able to multi task in an ever changing environment
- Must have a passion for baked goods.
- Professional food experience is helpful.
- Culinary school is not a must but is preferred.
- Must know their way around a kitchen, including the use ovens and mixers.
- Must be able and willing to maintain a clean and efficient working environment.
- Bakers must be quick with hands, pay attention to detail, and follow recipes and guidelines.
- Must be hardworking and reliable
- Bakers must be available from 8am – 4pm, 5 days per week. (flexible)
- Starting wage is $12 hr.
- 5 days of Paid Time Off
Mama Bird’s Ice Cream is looking for Part-Time counter server at our popular ice cream shop. Mama Bird’s is a high paced destination spot in downtown Holly Springs that focuses on offering great ice cream, baked goods, and customer service. Must be courteous, family friendly, and a self-motivator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Offer friendly, genuine customer service
- Greet every customer and offer samples and menu suggestions
- Create a fun and memorable experience for yourself and our guests
- Answer questions about menu items and ingredients
- Scoop ice cream, mix shakes, and make sundaes
- Take orders, handle money, manage the register
- Keep the store looking clean and tidy
- Maintain a presentable and professional appearance
- Keep ice creams, pints, and other items stocked throughout your shift, communicating your needs to kitchen staff when necessary.
- Must like ice cream! You must be willing to taste product, learn about ingredients, and be able to give suggestions
- 16+ years of age
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, nights & weekends
- Must be available 1 night day a week, weekends and holiday
- We have mainly evening and mid-day shifts available in a fun and busy environment. Majority of shifts consist of 1-2 person during slow season and 2-3 people during our busy season.
- Starting wage is $7.25 hr. plus tips
- Flexible schedule
- 15-20 hrs a week
- FREE ice cream!
Interested in becoming a part of the Mama Bird’s family?